|The 2013 Local Government NBN and Future Online Services Conference will provide Australia's local governments and regional development authorities with the latest knowledge and advice on how to ensure councils and their communities benefit from the roll-out of the National Broadband Network and availability of fast broadband services.|
This conference has previously been staged in 2011 and 2012, and attracts professionals from local governments and RDAs across Australia. Previously a one-day event, it has now been expanded into a two-day conference in recognition of the need to provide greater depth of information for attendees.
This event will provide valuable information and advice for councils and RDAs whose communities are yet to experience the NBN roll-out, as well as for those who are experiencing the roll-out and are now actively seeking to take advantage of high-speed broadband.
Conference Presenters Include:
- NBN Co
- Broadband Today Alliance
- INTERNATIONAL SPEAKERS: Wanganui District Council Mayor, Annette Main, and Digital Facilitator, Marianne Archibald
- Nathan Burbridge, Economic Development Strategist, Blacktown City Council
- James Scott, Director Corporate Services, Moreland City Council
- Chris Quigley, Director Corporate and Commercial Services, Kiama Municipal Council
- Matthew Schultz, Regional Digital Economy Coordinator, Ipswich City Council
- John Vandyke, Project Manager Online Service Development, City of Tea Tree Gully
- Jenny Coppock, Manager - Economic Development, Auburn City Council
- Anne Petch, Revenue Development – Business Life, Town of Victoria Park
- Steve Harrison, Director Business & Economic Development, City of Prospect
- Barry Davis, Research and Business Development Officer, Coffs Harbour City Council
- Mathew Dickerson, Dubbo City Council Mayor
- Peter Croll, IT Consultant
Presentation Topics will include:
- Learnings and experiences of councils and RDAs already participating in the NBN roll-out.
- Leading examples of how local communities and businesses can be assisted to benefit from participation in the Digital Economy.
- How fast broadband can be utilised by local governments to enhance online services and communications.
Attendees of the Conference will include:
- Senior local government managers
- Economic development professionals
- Local government ICT professionals
- Regional Development Australia representatives
This conference is organised by GTR Events, a division of CommStrat, producer of the annual Best Practice in Local Government Conference, Cloud Computing Forum and publisher of Council Manager magazine and Government Technology Review.
Conference registration and attendance enquiries:
Ph: (03) 8534 5050
Sponsorship & Exhibition Enquiries:
National Sales Manager
Ph: (03) 8534 5058
Images from the 2012 Local Government NBN Summit
| || |
Brought to you by:
| || |